In this issue:
- Update on iEMSs 2024 Conference
- Call for Papers: 2nd AP SDEWES Conference
- SESMO Compendium on “Fundamentals of Modelling, Principles and Good Practice”
- Upcoming Fall Webinar
Update on iEMSs 2024 Conference
The 12th International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, “Addressing Global Environmental Challenges through Intelligent Modeling!” is less than a year away! iEMSs 2024 will be held in East Lansing, Michigan, June 23 – 27, 2024. Session proposals have been received and the program is being organized. Call for abstracts will be coming out this fall. Further details will be available at https://iemss.org/ and https://conference.iemss.org/.
- Stream A. Decision making and public participation in environmental modelling
- Stream B. Modeling environmental fate of contaminants, human well-being and ecological public health
- Stream C. Computational methods, workflows, informatics and integrated systems in environmental modelling
- Stream D. System design, identification and uncertainty in modelling complex environmental & agricultural systems
- Stream E. Socio-environmental systems modelling for planetary health and environmental sustainability
- Stream F. (Big) data solutions for environmental systems planning, management, and operation
Please share and advertise the conference widely in your networks! We look forward to seeing you all in East Lansing next year.
2nd AP Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems – Call for Papers
The 2nd AP SDEWES Conference will be dedicated to the improvement and dissemination of knowledge on methods, policies and technologies for increasing the sustainability of development by de-coupling growth from natural resources and replacing them with knowledge based economy, taking into account its economic, environmental and social pillars. Conference will be head April 2 – 5, 2024 in Gold Coast, Australia. For more information: http://goldcoast2024.sdewes.org/index.
SESMO Compendium on “Fundamentals of Modelling, Principles and Good Practice”
A joint special issue on Good Modelling Practice is being shared with three journals: Environmental Modelling and Software, Ecological Modelling and Socio-Environmental Systems Modelling. Some details are on each of the journals’ websites and are in the attached in terms of scope – which can be very wide such as considering the whole modelling cycle, or methods or applications for any part of the cycle. Below are the Guest Editors, one from each of the journals. They will be across all submissions. There is some flexibility about the timing but Tony Jakeman would be very pleased to receive an abstract or even a suggestion of what you might cover in a submission so the proposed topic can be discussed.
Which journal to publish in?
Authors can submit to one of the three journals but only one must be chosen. It is envisaged that manuscripts will be reviewed and assessed by the relevant journal selected by the author(s) and Guest Editors will be across all manuscript processes.
Deadlines for submission
Enquiries and Abstracts of 500 words as soon as possible to any of the three Guest Editors above. Full papers due February 28, 2024.
Upcoming Fall Webinar
We are currently developing plans for the next webinar, tentatively scheduled for 27 October 2023. Further details will be shared in the fall newsletter, on twitter, and at https://iemss.org.